What demon critter is doing this to my yard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen possums crawl out of dead cows. Never a dillo.

We were drinking heavily, one Saturday night, in college. Started getting hungry and decided to BBQ a dillo.
Drove around for hours, finally found one. Got it cleaned and grilled. But, we had sobered up and nobody would eat any of it. We threw it to dogs and they wouldn't touch it. Decided we made a good decision in not eating it.
Should have made chili…..SEE MY EARLIER POST ON THIS.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just remember Tennessee is coming to Norman this weekend. If you have any critters be neighborly and save them for our visitors.

IMG_0398.jpeg

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had holes like that showing up in large numbers. Kept checking out the window at night with a flashlight before bed or if I got up in the night. After a couple weeks finally one night I looked out and there was 2 huge armadillos! I jumped out the door and headshot them with 12ga high velocity #4s. They jumped around like crazy! Chicken with its head cut off on crack.

Coons and skunks will dig like that too though.

Pest control is one of the exciting parts of living in a rural area lol
Growing up my Aunt and Uncle ran a hog farm out towards Cashon no neighbors for miles. Similar thing was happening, Uncle reacted in much the same way. Blam blam! Holy:censored:!, F:censored:Me! And several other choice words, then we heard the shotgun fall on the porch and some gasping.
For a few seconds we thought he had been shot by someone else, then the stench filled the house. Yup. He nailed two big ol skunks by the house, one was in the process of giving it's blessing to my uncle

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Armadillos, Skunks and anything with claws and eats grubs or worms! I live next to a creek and late Fall and Early Spring is the busy season. Right now I have gophers mounding! Moles tunneling.
I have some moles tunneling. Moles also mound. But, their mounds are different looking than a gophers. I have shot several with my 12 guage as they popped their head up while kicking dirt out the tunnel! But I have two traps you set on the tunnel. You press it down with your foot. It opens up like scissors. There is a pressure plate and when they tunnel under it and put pressure on the plate it causes the trap to close. It squeezes them to death instantly.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a diller with the .22 this morning, he'd been digging in our front garden. One of the dogs got me out of bed about 3:00, dog was in the fenced back yard but must have seen or smelled the diller.
Sure flopped around a lot until he bled out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom