MK III re-assembly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had the Mark I thru Mark III, and finally got the knack of how to tilt it just right to make every thing happen. I can't explain it, but it all just comes together. Once you figure it out, you'll be suprised at how quick you can do it.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had the Mark I thru Mark III, and finally got the knack of how to tilt it just right to make every thing happen. I can't explain it, but it all just comes together. Once you figure it out, you'll be suprised at how quick you can do it.

I avoided the Mark III for a while because of what I had heard about reassembly. I bought one a few months ago, finally, and was surprised. After I got it together the first time, I could get it apart and back together in 5 minutes easy.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DOn't forget, the MKIII is different than the previous models in that at times you must have the mag in for re-assembly due to the magazine disconnect.

ETA: There should be a drop kick in a painfull place for the person/people who designed the reassembly of the Ruger .22's!

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the pointers folks. I think I'll be good to go once I can get it apart again and close the latch more carefully. I even knew TO do the tilting; I just didn't quite get it right. :owned3:

rr2008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and that my friends is why i traded my ruger mk II for a couple of ricks of wood several years ago. it was too much of a ***** to reassemble after cleaning. i like to keep my fireaems clean, but i don't see any reason that it should be so hard to keep them that way. now i have a beretta neos that is so easy to to clean it isn't even funny.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys, do yourself a favor and buy the easy reinstall drop-in kit. Quit making it so hard on yourselves...

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally had some more time to bang my head against it, and I've ALMOST got it apart again.

Does anybody know a way to get the hammer in the uncocked position while the bolt is stuck? I found this as an option if it's stuck, but don't quite see what they're getting at. I've got the grip off, but nothing seems to move when probing the indicated area of the sear. Banging the muzzle against something while pulling the trigger doesn't seem to help either.

Any tips on just getting the hammer forward so the mainspring will swing out?:cry11: It's a tricky proposition when you can't get the bolt back to dry fire and make it easy..

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
and that my friends is why i traded my ruger mk II for a couple of ricks of wood several years ago. it was too much of a ***** to reassemble after cleaning. i like to keep my fireaems clean, but i don't see any reason that it should be so hard to keep them that way. now i have a beretta neos that is so easy to to clean it isn't even funny.

I'd have given you 3 ricks of premium split oak and walnut for that. Next time you need to trade a gun for firewood, let me know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom