Modular walk-in vault in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one of these under our bed. It takes up no extra floorspace and it has the option of getting a lock on the door. I even use it for 'overflow' from the other safe.

3 Vortex Vaults Options and Their Advantages – Life Lift Systems

lighter

Good luck on your decision!

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only reasons basements aren’t common here is we don’t have to dig down 6ft anyway to get our stem walls below the frost line. As such, they are much more expensive here.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only reasons basements aren’t common here is we don’t have to dig down 6ft anyway to get our stem walls below the frost line. As such, they are much more expensive here.
Well, that and the predominantly clay soils (which expand and contract a lot with our torrential rain/drought cycles) and high water tables.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, that and the predominantly clay soils (which expand and contract a lot with our torrential rain/drought cycles) and high water tables.

I grew up in a two story farmhouse with a full basement. The house was a Sears and Roebuck house built in the 20's. I also scooped water from the basement every time it misted outside.

This part has been able to be handled for many, many decades with french drains, water proofing, etc. Reason now is we only go down 18 inches for frost other place 5 ft or more. Digging out and pouring a few ft extra doesn’t cost much more, an extra 6.5 ft does. Also, a wood covering over a basement doesn’t help with any large tornados. Needs to be concrete, which is even more money. Water table, soil type matters, of corse, biggest factor is the frost line.
“COST
Ultimately, when it comes to home building, everything comes down to cost. In the north there are fewer financial obstacles to basements, making them more prevalent. Indeed, in the north, basements are driven by the need to dig deep foundations.

In the rest of the country, they need to be actively (and often expensively) dug out. This provides a major economic rationale for a state-by-state difference in approach to basements.”

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom