Mom is not amused.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right??

When I worked at H&H I looked out on the range one day and saw a CLEET certified instructor looking down the barrel of a revolver with his finger squarely on the trigger. 😳😳😳😳 This man was teaching a class full of kids (an armed security class from one of the vo-techs around here) that the proper way to check a revolver to make sure the cylinder was clear after a misfire was to LOOK DOWN THE BARREL OF THE GUN AND PULL THE TRIGGER!!!! 😡😡😡😡

Jesus Christ, I still get a pit in my stomach thinking about it. I called that man everything but a white man when I found out what he was doing. Damn near got fired. 🙄🙄🙄 After he went to Miles' office to ***** about me I taught the class a quick lesson on how not to kill themselves accidentally and went back to the counter.

The couple of guys in the class that had any firearms knowledge thanked me because they had wanted to say something but didn't want to get dinged in class. I couldn't fault them too much -- they were 21, 22 -- and the old man teaching the class was your stereotypical ******* who knows it all.

Sheesh ... That job aged me 100 years ... Lol

facepalm-annoyed.gif

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was qualifying for my CCW, I had an unintended discharge with my Glock 19. The Glock was at least pointed downrange, so the instructor said I was OK.

It still scared and embarrassed me, though.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are two kins of people in the world-
Those who have had an AD-
Those who are going to have an AD...

When I took his class in 1985 in Long Beach, California, Massad Ayoob said pretty much the same thing. It has happened to some pretty well-known gun people.
Mine happened when I was about 10 years old. Practicing my fast draw just like my dad, even using his gun belt and 22. Having to hold the belt up with my left hand distracted me enough that I did not completely check the cylinder and shot the TV. Luckily it did not hurt the TV at all.

I was so lucky nobody else was home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom