Mosin bolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quick question. I picked up a New mosin last night and then the bolt is out of the rifle the whole bolt assembly is loose and rattles. In comparison it has about 2 times the slop then my other mosin. Would this be normal or any thing I can do to fix it?.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On looking at it more the tab on the connecting rod was ground down some. I swapped the connecting rod into my other mosins bolt and got the loosness in it and had to put a lot of force into openingup the action after its been fired. I mixked and matched the rifles and the bolts and bolt parts and the connecting rod was the only part that would cause issues.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok got the new connecting rod in and it is better now, also I had a sticky bolt and I found if you round the nub on the camming surfaces just slightly that fixed it, I went one step farther and I polished up the surfaces with a buffing pad and some jewlers rouge on my Dremel to a mirror finish and now my bolt is smooth as glass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom