Most comfortable dress shoes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago, I was managing a store for a major retail electronics store and was on my feet a lot. I had developed eczema and could no longer wear my cowboy boots (don't remember the brand) because the high tops irritated my legs. I asked a customer about good dress shoes, and he recommended the Rockport dress shoes. He claimed that a person could wear a brand new pair and run a marathon in them.

I bought a pair, and while I never ran a marathon, there was absolutely no break-in period with them. I continued to wear them for years after that.
I bought an extremely well broken in pair of Rockport motorcycle style boots at a goodwill like 8 years ago and I've worn them hundreds of walking miles. They will outlast me. I wish they still made them.

One thing on my bucket list is to go to cowtown and get a real pair made for my feet, with a sole of my choosing. I'm thinking of going old school and getting full quill black ostrich.
PXL_20221112_165351802.jpg
PXL_20221112_165401333.jpg

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ecco, Rockport, Clarkes, and Dunham's are the best 'dressy' work shoes. The best casual type shoe are Ariat hiking boots.

I've been a retail warrior for over 40 years in small, medium, and big box stores. I've had lots of experience with shoes, and the above are my winners. (I had an 8 hour shift last week that included 24k+ steps.)

Target also has some plantar insoles called Air Soles that are amazing! They have a soft heel and a stiff arch that somehow transforms how a shoe feels.

Best of luck in your search and the new job!

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ECCO's is what I used to wear when I had to dress business casual. Still have them and the 400 coats of Lincoln on em.

The only thing that seems to not hurt my feet after 8-10 hours now is combat boots. No clue why 😬

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wear Allen Edmonds, you don't want to wear those in a restaurant for 12 hrs. I don't believe they make non-slip ones either.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello OSA. I’ve recently started managing a restaurant and I’m on my feet and moving 12-13 hours a day. The dress code for managers is basically business casual. I’ve been wearing a pair of Clark’s wingtips..nice looking shoes but they are beating the crap outta my feet! I put some decent insoles in and it’s better but still pretty rough. Any of you guys have recommendations on a pair of “dressy” but comfortable shoes?
Quality and comfort is more of a factor than price but I will be going through them pretty quick I imagine, something under $200 would be nice if that’s reasonable. Thanks in advance.
My mom spent over 40 years as a waitress, and always (once they were available) wore SAS (San Antonio Shoes) to work. I bought them when I was going to school to be a teacher, and when I was teaching, and the last pair I had lasted over 5 years of continuous wear with me on my feet nearly as much as waitstaff would be. Haven't been by there in some years, but there was a SAS store on the south side of OKC off I240 IIRC.
https://search.brave.com/search?q=SAS+shoes+OKC&source=web
HTH!

Latest posts

Top Bottom