Most comfortable dress shoes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello OSA. I’ve recently started managing a restaurant and I’m on my feet and moving 12-13 hours a day. The dress code for managers is basically business casual. I’ve been wearing a pair of Clark’s wingtips..nice looking shoes but they are beating the crap outta my feet! I put some decent insoles in and it’s better but still pretty rough. Any of you guys have recommendations on a pair of “dressy” but comfortable shoes?
Quality and comfort is more of a factor than price but I will be going through them pretty quick I imagine, something under $200 would be nice if that’s reasonable. Thanks in advance.

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My recommendations. Based on a lot of years walking concrete floors.

8314B3B2-2043-4859-A232-2D0EB29069C0.jpeg
7CC3A164-3347-433B-8BE9-7DB95ADF3C61.jpeg

Rockports

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gellco work outfitters
609 E Memorial Rd, Oklahoma City, OK 73114
Should be like Tulsa, work shoes for all industries.
They should have cushioned and non-slip(greasy kitchen floors)
Cushioned soles for all day standing like Nurses and Machinists

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For shoe recommendations Clarks Desert Boots, Doc Martin gibsons , maybe Danner Jacks (love dinner but have never worn jacks.)

Ultimatly.everyone has.a different foot with a different last arch and pressure points. I would highly recommend getting fitted to a pair of Super feet insoles. Most podiatry places can do it, REI will do it, and the good feet store might have them.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago, I was managing a store for a major retail electronics store and was on my feet a lot. I had developed eczema and could no longer wear my cowboy boots (don't remember the brand) because the high tops irritated my legs. I asked a customer about good dress shoes, and he recommended the Rockport dress shoes. He claimed that a person could wear a brand new pair and run a marathon in them.

I bought a pair, and while I never ran a marathon, there was absolutely no break-in period with them. I continued to wear them for years after that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom