Mountain Lion captured in North Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly, next time I do see one I am going surgical with the 870 and some buck-shot, prove you "intelligent ignorants" that if it can walk on the land and be sustained....guarantee it has been, or will be on it at some point....fish evolved legs to become amphibians....and you think a mountain lion doesn't exist in this state?

Get real.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly, next time I do see one I am going surgical with the 870 and some buck-shot, prove you "intelligent ignorants" that if it can walk on the land and be sustained....guarantee it has been, or will be on it at some point....fish evolved legs to become amphibians....and you think a mountain lion doesn't exist in this state?

Get real.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Get real.

YAP YAP YAP. Kill a black mountain lion, then I'll be impressed.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a trail cam pic or two of a lion in the little gas station/store down at Daisy, OK. Probably still is if anyone wants to go look. Indian Nation TP south to the Daisy/Stringtown exit (HWY 43), go east under the TP, the store is on the right. Oh and several pics of bears too!

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really don't understand why some of you people don't think these animals can wander into our woods from other states. If jaguars can roam into Arizona (yes, Arizona Game and Fish caught and collared one then released it), which was once part of its native range the mountain lions can certainly roam through our state. To believe otherwise is rather small-minded.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really don't understand why some of you people don't think these animals can wander into our woods from other states. If jaguars can roam into Arizona (yes, Arizona Game and Fish caught and collared one then released it), which was once part of its native range the mountain lions can certainly roam through our state. To believe otherwise is rather small-minded.

Its adorable that you think we're actually being serious.

ouhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in Southeastern OK half way between Ada and Durant just about 8 miles west of Wapanucka in a very small farming town of Bromide and my grandpa received his Indian allotment back in 1902 when he was 6 months old but didn't take over the land until he was like 20. He told me he heard and saw several mountain lions over the years he farmed and raised cattle. My grandma once broke her nose back in the mid 50's when she walked down to the bottom to get her milk cow to bring it back up to the house when a mountain lion roared scaring her so she took off running tripping over a stump falling and breaking her nose. She never saw the lion. My grandpa passed away in 1981 and I live on the land now but from a young kid out hunting from the age of 8/9 yrs old to now at 50 yrs old I've seen 2 black panthers probably the same one and at least 6 mountain lions and at least 12 times heard them, sounds like a women screaming bloody murder with a deep grawl at the end! Very wicked spooky when it's far off and you know anybody should be out there!! The two black panthers and two different mountain lions I've seen in the last 5 yrs. 1 of the mountain lion's has half of his tail missing because he came 30 yards from my stand while bow hunting. The other lion crossed the field one morning 325 yrds in front of my house and it had the regular long tail. Just last yr on a cattle trail after a rain I came across a adult mountain lion track with what looked like 4 cub tracks but they must have been passing through because I never saw them again. As for bobcats I can promise you this if you walk around in the woods alot you walk by alot more cats than you realize. Bobcat are one shy creature and don't like to be seen and you can be walking in knee high grass they will hunker down letting you step or walk right on by and you will never know. I trap them every yr and there is a lot more out there than you think. In OK each trapper in allowed 20 cats per season and it's a challenge to get 20 but if you want some to have a blast!! There is nothing like coming up to that set with a cat that's swinging them paws, jumping at you trying to get at you!! I love it!! Anybody wants to spend some time next yr with me just let me know I trap on my own land. I let some of the younger cats go but I keep all the coyotes!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom