Mounting BUIS on an offset rail.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sure there is somewhere, but what size batch would they require, and what would be the cost for small batches?

For manufacturing, I'd need to design it around common retainer pin/bolt and nut, go through it to make sure there aren't any unnecessary cuts.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking more about this on my drive home from Stillwater. And I don't see how it going to work well without having any type of adjustment. I mean it may be close at 25 yards and that'd be great, but what if it isn't? I've had iron sights that were pretty far off initially and had to adjust them to get close.

But I really like the idea of fixed offset BUIS. I really like how the Troy BUIS are attached to the rail. Maybe an idea for these.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, there's certainly some work left to do.

I got carried away...

ai157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_SolidWorks_WIP_AR_15_M4_Scope_0.jpg

ai157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_SolidWorks_WIP_AR_15_M4_Scope_3.jpg

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Well, first I'd have to know if the Troy attachment was copyrighted/patented. I've never actually played with the Troy sights myself. I wouldn't be much harder to do a Novak type cut and install something similar to the Low Mount sights. Which would also allow the option of later upgrading to tritium sights if desired. That would allow for the sights to be set for the particular rifle. The JP system does this.

ajprifles.com_photos_new_JPSRTS3_271.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom