Mounting BUIS on an offset rail.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could always go with an offset red dot, like the Docter or the little one Trijicon makes.

That's actually what I was thinking. Red-dots with good battery life are fairly trustworthy, but they still require batteries, so I understand wanting Irons to some degree.

If you're going with irons, you want good ones, but Troys are as expensive as they are because they are flip-ups (and built right). I wouldn't think flip-ups are necessary for an offset setup like you were wanting. Good Fixed BUIS (Daniel Defense, LMT, etc.) are not that expensive.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By the time you buy the offset rail and the fixed buis, your around the same price as the ones I linked to. Might as well buy a solid one piece setup that is indestructible. More points of failure with an offset mount AND fixed buis. JMO

bcox

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the setup I was talking about on facebook MP HERE

BUT if you don't have that rail setup it won't work like that, sorry cause that didn't help at all, but I still like the idea of a offset reddot, or what wormydog posted, a fixed iron seems like a good idea in a offset and a one piece would be even better IMO

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think offset flip up sights are a little much. Why not just have regular flip up sights? If your red dot fails, why not just have regular flip up sights that can be actuated while the red dot is still on the rifle? Having flip up offset iron sights seems a little over tactical to me.

Maybe it's just me. Probably is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom