Mushrooms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

possum skinner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it isn't hunting with a gun, but I love to hunt those morel mushrooms in the spring. Just wandering if anyone has had any success yet this year. I've been tied up at work and will not have a free day until Friday. Hoping to go do some mushroom / shed hunting then.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen any yet. I'll probably go look for them next weekend.

I've always heard to look for them the day after a big rain where it is warmed up and humid...along with red bud trees blooming.

Is there any truth to that? I dont know...but I normally find some. lol

possum skinner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always watched the redbuds. It seems they usually happen about the same time. I have noticed the buds are really out. Bet they open by the weekend. Should be a good year for mushrooms with all the moisture. We just need to get a few days of warm weather. One of my hunting buddy's called and said he had a guy at church this evening bragging about finding some.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
in Tulsa... would love to hook up with someone experienced to go mushroom hunting.

please email... thanks,

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MY SON AND I went out this morning and found about 2 dozen of the greys. My favorite area only found 5 or 6 so will go back later in the week. Was cool last night so didn't expect to find many. As we left to drive home spotted a full strutting Tom with 3 hens. Have to check that out next week also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom