Musicians you like..but aren't played on mainstream radio.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You never hear any of the Blues Rock artists on main stream radio.
Kenny Wayne Shepard
Joe Bonamassa
Stevie Ray Voughn
BB King
Eric Clapton
Chris Duarte, and the list goes on.
I have to subscribe to the Stevie Ray Voughn channel on Pandora to catch any of their music.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You never hear any of the Blues Rock artists on main stream radio.
Kenny Wayne Shepard
Joe Bonamassa
Stevie Ray Voughn
BB King
Eric Clapton
Chris Duarte, and the list goes on.
I have to subscribe to the Stevie Ray Voughn channel on Pandora to catch any of their music.

I just recently was Emailed a downloadable zip file of an entire album of music from Joe Bonamassa after replying to liking it on Facebook but like Spotify I cant do much with it but listen to it on my computer. Still, its some blistering stuff, he really rips it up. PM me your E addy sometime and I'll see if it will let me forward the Email with the download to someone else.

I love all those guys.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just recently was Emailed a zip file of an entire album of music from Joe Bonamassa after replying to liking it on Facebook but like Spotify I cant do much with it but listen to it on my computer. Still, its some blistering stuff, he really rips it up.

I love all those guys.

Me too. I've seen all of them in concert. I sure miss the Blues fest as it started out in the Brady district. The early years were raw blues. It morphed into a yuppie festival last I heard.

Sparky102183

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Paul Thorn
Jason Isbell
Darrel Scott
Chris Knight
Robert Earl Keen
Stoney LaRue
Junior Brown
Seth James
Dire Straits
Gary Clark Jr.
Radney Foster
Tab Benoit
Brandon Rhyder
Shinyribs... To name a few...

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

— Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Warren Zevon
I remember when he was still alive but dying his good friends in the business came to his house and they recorded music that his son produced into an album. The album came out right before he died and later won Grammys. "The Wind". An amazing list of musicians, all his good friends, were on that record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wind_(album)

Latest posts

Top Bottom