Muskogee Gun Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phat Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not see Muskogee Gun Club on the official IDPA website. We'll have to assume that the matches are "IDPA-style" and not officially sanctioned.
I'd think that getting out and having some shooting fun is what it's all about! but that's my 2 cent's :hithead::hithead:

BravoOne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd think that getting out and having some shooting fun is what it's all about! but that's my 2 cent's :hithead::hithead:

^^^THIS^^^

I'm going to the match on 07AUG10 and am excited even if it's only a "IDPA-style" match...
I'm in it for the stress aspect of it... I will eventually be wanting to attend matches and be classified officially and what-not, but for not I'll just have to put up with the same exact thing with no official classification...

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Official IDPA clubs have IDPA trained Safety Officers, the better to keep everyone safe and the fun factor high. Increased safety, with trained Safety Officers, is a good thing for a gun club and its events.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are not official yet but trying to get that way. At least a couple of us will be trying to obtain SO training this year. For now it is just for fun.

FireproofD3:25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did somebody say fun???? I'm in! Since MGC is not an official IDPA club does that mean I can point my muzzle wherever I want and not have to worry about keeping my finger out of the trigger well??

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I hope interest in IDPA at Muskogee continues to grow. I'd suggest that those enjoying the matches in Muskogee travel the short distance to Tulsa metro to shoot the regular monthly IDPA matches held at two well-established IDPA clubs. These are held at USSA on the 2nd Saturday and at OCR&GC on the 4th Saturday. You've already got your feet wet; get 'em all the way into the water. Those events post their upcoming matches right here on OSA.

IDPA developed its own Safety Officer program, to meet the unique safety requirements of the IDPA sport. An IDPA SO class could come to Muskogee or somewhere near. The class is a one day affair, costing only about $20 per attendee.

A NRA Range Safety Officer is trained in only a few of those aspects required to be an effective IDPA SO. I can speak from experience, because I'm a NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, as well as a NRA Certified Pistol Instructor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom