My 3rd handmade lock back folder completed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my 3rd folder, I know its not perfect but it will come with practice. Its based on the same pattern as my last, I figure I should get one down before moving to something different. This one has a adjustable pivot point in blade and I got the parts to fit even better on this one and closed the gap between the locking Mechanism and the spacer.

Blade is 1/8" 0-1 tool steel
handle is red linen micarta
bolster is 416 stainless with and adjustable pivot screw so tension can be adjusted to personal preference.

i1248.photobucket.com_albums_hh487_randallss7_DSCF1448.jpg

i1248.photobucket.com_albums_hh487_randallss7_DSCF1446.jpg

i1248.photobucket.com_albums_hh487_randallss7_DSCF1445.jpg

i1248.photobucket.com_albums_hh487_randallss7_DSCF1443.jpg

i1248.photobucket.com_albums_hh487_randallss7_DSCF1442.jpg

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How tight does it lock up? That blade shape is pretty nice in a folder how long is it closed and the blade length?

I an only find you on facebook which I am not on. Any way you can PM me a approx price and lead time ( if you are even taking orders)?

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for looking, I have made two of this shape one for me one for my Son, They lock up very tight with no blade play. I'm not making any of these to sell until I feel I have perfected my procedures the next one is going to have several upgrades I will let you guys know when I am ready to sell, thanks.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The handle on that knife has more of a "hunchback" shape to it than most folders I've seen. Makes it look distinctive - very nice job!

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for looking, I have made two of this shape one for me one for my Son, They lock up very tight with no blade play. I'm not making any of these to sell until I feel I have perfected my procedures the next one is going to have several upgrades I will let you guys know when I am ready to sell, thanks.

then please let us know when you do decide to take orders

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I love curved handles that flow into the blade, makes for a comfortable fixed blade so I just took it to a folder, I also used 1/4" bolsters and 3/8" scales to make handle, ground some away of course but it makes for a very comfortable handle, more so than most production knives, it has a little weight to it but its worth the comfort, I made knive to be a capable field dressing skinning knife, if fixed blade was forgoten or left back and I have no doubts it would do the job with its 3" drop point blade and thick comfortable handle. I will let you guys know when I get to making them for public, I will be adding aditional models as time allows also

Latest posts

Top Bottom