My First 1911!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knew that old Johns masterpiece had finally got its due recognition when S&W started making their copy of it. My first one and still my favorite one that I shoot all the time was made in 1918, I bought it in 1967, so far I have had to replace one extractor, lost track of how many thousands of rounds I put thru it years ago.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knew that old Johns masterpiece had finally got its due recognition when S&W started making their copy of it.

IF I were to own one, yeah...it would be a Smith & Wesson.

Probably the Gunsite edition. :D

[Broken External Image]
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...angId=-1&parent_category_rn=15709&isFirearm=Y

If I had an extra thou lying around, yeah...I'd buy one. ;)

I just can't see paying a grand (or more) for one pistol. :ugh2: Hell, I can't see giving that much for a rifle! :screwy:

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knew that old Johns masterpiece had finally got its due recognition when S&W started making their copy of it. My first one and still my favorite one that I shoot all the time was made in 1918, I bought it in 1967, so far I have had to replace one extractor, lost track of how many thousands of rounds I put thru it years ago.

Holy cow! Very impressive. Once I figure out what I'm doing with these 1911's I will likely find a good Colt or other manufacturer.

[Broken External Image]
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...angId=-1&parent_category_rn=15709&isFirearm=Y

I just can't see paying a grand (or more) for one pistol. :ugh2: Hell, I can't see giving that much for a rifle! :screwy:

WHew. That's nice. dig those grips.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

[Broken External Image]

Hey you two young'uns need to settle down, and here's you a 1911A1 that won't break a grand!!
SA1911A1 USGI S.S.
[Broken External Image]

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

[Broken External Image]

I just ordered a Smith Gunsite. Too bad it won't arrive until late July :( Once it comes in you'll have to come up and shoot it with me.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just ordered a Smith Gunsite. Too bad it won't arrive until late July :( Once it comes in you'll have to come up and shoot it with me.

Nope! Not gonna do it. If I shoot it, I'll want one. :grumble:

That's all I need is to sell a kidney to be able to afford one. :yikes2: Besides...if I bought a 1911, GM would never let me hear the end of it. :rolleyes2

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope! Not gonna do it. If I shoot it, I'll want one. :grumble:

That's all I need is to sell a kidney to be able to afford one. :yikes2: Besides...if I bought a 1911, GM would never let me hear the end of it. :rolleyes2

It wasn't as expensive as you think. I'll PM you with the price, you'll be surprised.

I'm hopefully going to convince ef9turbo to go out with me to break it in!

Latest posts

Top Bottom