My first AR build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finished my first AR build last week, so figured it was time for pictures.

Didn't know if an AR was my "thing", so I went budget for this first one. It's also my first rifle.

S&W M&P 15 lower with a PSA parts kit and stock. Went with a RedXArms 20 inch bull barrel with free floating handguard. Chrome bolt carrier group. Laser etched (Veteran) charging handle. Leapers 3-12 x 40mm scope with quick release rings. Already put a Hogue grip (not in this picture) on it.

I don't hunt, put this together for plinking and target shooting. Been to an indoor range once at lunch to get the scope on paper. Was surprised at how easy to shoot it is. Hardly any recoil to it. Trying to find an outdoor range so I can put some rounds through it.

[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will own another one within a year!

Actually (since someone was kind enough to revive my thread) I have two more lowers on order from Brownells. They should be here in a couple weeks. My Dad has already claimed one, haven't decided how to go with the other. Leaning .300 Blackout right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom