My first Knife!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my second knife I used bone to make the handle I still have some buffing to do on the guard where I hit it with the belt sander in the making process.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good looking job. I was at Janitz over spring break and plan on dropping more money there this summer after I get some tool built up. Keep up the good job.

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like it. It turned out really nice. I've noticed a good number of people posting up threads about knives they have personally made. Where are some good sites for tutorials/instructions on the process and well as a few good companies for parts. Wouldn't mind giving it a shot as something to do in my spare time. Thanks ahead of time for the information.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it. It turned out really nice. I've noticed a good number of people posting up threads about knives they have personally made. Where are some good sites for tutorials/instructions on the process and well as a few good companies for parts. Wouldn't mind giving it a shot as something to do in my spare time. Thanks ahead of time for the information.

Just do a google Search of Knife Making or Stock Removal Knife Making and you will get all kinds of good info. there are several good knife supply web sights out there. Youtube has some good stuff on it as well.

I like www.Premiumknifesupply.com www.jantzsupply.com www.Knifekits.com

you can get started with simple knife kits pretty easily with minimal investment in tools. you will need a Benchtop belt sander, a good sturdy vise with a flat anvil type surface for peening, a hand drill or drill press and a grinder. A rotory tool is helpful as well.

Bill Coye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, I have to add that www.Knifedogs.com has a lot of good information.

Full disclosure: I am one of four admins for the forum (I have no financial stake in the forum. My job is on a volunteer basis only) - I certainly don't mean to spam here but it's a forum by knifemakers for knifemakers. Old-timers to noobs, we're all there for one reason: making knives.

Ask a question, go to the tutorial page or go to the "search" function. There's a ton of information available. I have learned a lot in the short seven months we've been open.

An OKC knifemaker told me this a year ago: "grind until your knuckles bleed".

:)

BC

Latest posts

Top Bottom