That’s my kid!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need to post here when she's starting her first game so Team OSA can come cheer her on! Congrats to you sir on the upbringing!
That would be awesome! To make it even better, I could drag the smoker to the field for some OSA tailgating. 😁

Keep in mind that she is a junior now so still has her senior year to go, so we would be looking at spring of 2026 for her college premier.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That would be awesome! To make it even better, I could drag the smoker to the field for some OSA tailgating. 😁

Keep in mind that she is a junior now so still has her senior year to go, so we would ne looking at spring of 2026 for her college premier.
I’m curious why she chose SNU and not OU. With her credentials, I can’t believe they haven’t been all over her.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Outstanding! Congrats to your daughter! (How many buttons have you busted, Dad?)
Plenty, but for more reasons than softball. She is a darn good kid!

A little over a week ago, she was running into Target for something and there was an elderly lady (in her 80’s) standing on the sidewalk, fumbling with her phone. She asked Addison if she could help her because her phone didn’t seem to be working. As it turned out, the lady was trying to call an Uber to take her and her groceries home. Addison told her she just needed one thing real quick then she could give her a ride home. The lady had a flat of water, about 8, 2 liters of soda and various groceries. Addison loaded it all up, drove the lady home, which happened to be an assisted living center, and carried her groceries in for her. Addison said the lady was crying in appreciation and gave her a hug that she didn’t think was going to end.

Addison was a little late getting to practice that evening but the coach had no issue when he heard the reason.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m curious why she chose SNU and not OU. With her credentials, I can’t believe they haven’t been all over her.
Haha. She and I both bleed orange. She said she would have liked to be recruited by OU just so she could have turned them down.

Truth is, SNU was not one of her preferred schools. The coach kept asking her to visit and when she did, most of the visit wasn’t about softball, rather the school, what they had to offer as far as education and the atmosphere. Coach told her that he knew he wanted her, but she needed to know if she wanted SNU. After a lot of thought, she told me last week that she felt that was the place for her.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha. She and I both bleed orange. She said she would have liked to be recruited by OU just so she could have turned them down.

Truth is, SNU was not one of her preferred schools. The coach kept asking her to visit and when she did, most of the visit wasn’t about softball, rather the school, what they had to offer as far as education and the atmosphere. Coach told her that he knew he wanted her, but she needed to know if she wanted SNU. After a lot of thought, she told me last week that she felt that was the place for her.
It’s a really good school. Several of my wife’s students from here in east TX have gone there.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I know a softball player and a football player who committed as juniors, then the head coaches left and went to other universities, so the players followed of course. Has the SNU coach been there quite a while?

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My granddaughter went to SNU. Good school. They seem to concentrate on recruiting small town Oklahoma kids. The small schools seem to get ignored by big recruiters.

Congrats on her hard work, focus, accomplishments and finding a good school

Latest posts

Top Bottom