My kid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shared this with some of my coworkers today and thought I’d share it here.

Many of you have seen my posts about my daughter’s accomplishments in softball. I wanted to share this picture of her, and share with you something a little different. In looking at this picture, you might think she is having a bad day, might be struggling on the field or perhaps just got chewed out by her coach. What you cannot see in this picture is her heart.

This started between her and her best friend who is also her catcher. Our catcher is one of our strongest offensive players but as with all batters, they hit slumps. When she came out of her slump, hitting a deep, DEEP home run, she looked over at the dugout and my daughter was not on the fence watching. She was kind of upset and confronted my daughter, saying, “You weren’t even paying attention!” My daughter replied, “That’s because when you went up to bat, I stepped away to say a prayer for you.” Since that day, when her catcher goes up to bat, she steps away from the crowd and turns away from the game for a quick prayer. When the other players saw this, if they are having a hard time or struggling, they now simply call her name and she does the same for them.

My daughter has always had the tenderest of hearts. She comes across very bold and direct, and very matter of fact. She doesn’t always say the right things and sometimes rubs people wrong, but she cares about people. She supports her teammates and stands up for “the little guy,” no matter who that might be, and she will call out those who treat others wrong.

This picture was taken because the team, the coaches and our team photographer all heard this story about my daughter, and he wanted to document it.

Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching, or when you think no one is watching. She has no clue how many eyes are on her for how she acts off the field as much as for what she does on the field.

So yah, I’m going to brag. That’s my kid!

By the way…. She was also named the 5A, team 2 pitcher of the year. 😁

IMG_5277.jpeg

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@undeg01
Kids like yours are few and far between in today’s world, and I commend you and your wife as parents and pray blessings on this young lady as she goes through life.

By the way, how is your older daughter doing? Is she still at OU?
She is doing great! Thanks for asking. Her health is really good, school is going well and she is dating who seems to be a really good guy...putting aside he is a fireman and originally from Texas. 🤣

In all seriousness, I am more happy with where she is in life right now than I have been in years.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She is doing great! Thanks for asking. Her health is really good, school is going well and she is dating who seems to be a really good guy...putting aside he is a fireman and originally from Texas. 🤣

In all seriousness, I am more happy with where she is in life right now than I have been in years.
Great to hear she’s doing well, and them damn Texans are just a bunch of @ssholes.🤣

Edit to add…a fireman even from Texas is much better than a wannabe baseball player that’s probably going nowhere. :rolleyes2

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shared this with some of my coworkers today and thought I’d share it here.

Many of you have seen my posts about my daughter’s accomplishments in softball. I wanted to share this picture of her, and share with you something a little different. In looking at this picture, you might think she is having a bad day, might be struggling on the field or perhaps just got chewed out by her coach. What you cannot see in this picture is her heart.

This started between her and her best friend who is also her catcher. Our catcher is one of our strongest offensive players but as with all batters, they hit slumps. When she came out of her slump, hitting a deep, DEEP home run, she looked over at the dugout and my daughter was not on the fence watching. She was kind of upset and confronted my daughter, saying, “You weren’t even paying attention!” My daughter replied, “That’s because when you went up to bat, I stepped away to say a prayer for you.” Since that day, when her catcher goes up to bat, she steps away from the crowd and turns away from the game for a quick prayer. When the other players saw this, if they are having a hard time or struggling, they now simply call her name and she does the same for them.

My daughter has always had the tenderest of hearts. She comes across very bold and direct, and very matter of fact. She doesn’t always say the right things and sometimes rubs people wrong, but she cares about people. She supports her teammates and stands up for “the little guy,” no matter who that might be, and she will call out those who treat others wrong.

This picture was taken because the team, the coaches and our team photographer all heard this story about my daughter, and he wanted to document it.

Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching, or when you think no one is watching. She has no clue how many eyes are on her for how she acts off the field as much as for what she does on the field.

So yah, I’m going to brag. That’s my kid!

By the way…. She was also named the 5A, team 2 pitcher of the year. 😁

View attachment 422161

Kudos all around there, Sir. Including the daughter's boyfriend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom