My latest Prepper obsession--Reloading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, I scoop up everything, separate it out by caliber. If it's something I don't have or need, it's great barter fodder.

I do agree, don't reload FOR anybody, but will HELP / TEACH anybody. Been having my 14yo grandson reload 20 ga. shells, since he shoots so many. He loves telling everybody about hunting with his OWN homemade shells.

Years back, we had a guy in deer camp who would visit around camp. Anytime he seen any shells, he would pick them up, look at the head stamp and start a conversation about what you were shooting. IF it was a caliber he had, the shells always seemed to mysteriously end up in his pocket.

We had come in for lunch and he wondered over to our camp. I pulled the shells out of my shirt pocket and laid them on the tailgate. Sticky fingers starts talking and picks up the 5 rounds I had laid down. He is talking and looks at the headstamps. He just stops talking and stares, then lays the rounds down and says, "what in the HELL are you shooting? NEVER lend me any shells."

My buddy picks the shells up and starts laughing, knowing I shoot a 7mm Rem Mag. 5 rounds - 5 headstamps. 7mmRem Mag, 7mm Wthby Mag, .338 Win Mag, .300 Win Mag, .257 Wthby Mag.
He asks my son to see his shells, he shoots a 7mm Mauser (same bullet, same primer), his headstamps; .270 Win, .30-06 Spr, .280 Rem.

We recycle our brass, box and label extensively, and it is ONLY for our use.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I reload for all my rifle calibers and a few of my handgun caliber, but I am still single stage. I have wanted a Dillon, but I have chosen to buy bulk ammo instead. I will probably buy one as soon as pistol primers and powder get readily available again, but I am going to keep loading my rifle ammo one at a time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It becomes an obsession. Be carefull.

image-2115353854.jpg

image-827017927.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom