My next flashlight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bright strike flashlights. They have a 1 cr123 light that puts out 190 lumens, made in the USA. They are fairly new, but a nationally recognized training Officer I trust dearly was given an opportunity to test them out and swears by them. I've gotten to use some of their stuff and they are much better then Surefire. Bluedot series are the little pocket lights.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! Many good options there, but nothing worth trading the E1Exec off for, as far as size is concerned.
I did find a small streamlight(of course not US made) but my wife and son(Mil.) wanted the 2 that I bought so I am still carrying the same light! Lol!

The problem with the E1E is that it puts out only 15 Lumens (and its an incandescent bulb model - I've seen high-end incandescent bulb flashlights fail when dropped hard enough - LEDs are almost impervious to shock-related failures by comparison).

I don't own a flashlight that puts out less than 150 Lumens anymore and the shortest running time of any of them is still 90+ minutes. That's one of the reasons I got rid of all my incandescent lights - they used to put out a superior spot with a greater throw than any LED, but that's not the case anymore.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know you said you were not interested in this type of flashlight, but here is the web site in case you decide to look at something different from Eotech L-3 systems. I also have rebate coupons in the show room to help you with the price.
L-3 web site

At L-3 InsightTechnology our product development and product improvements result from a variety of interactions with the people who know best what really works...the user. Our engineers and field personnel employ a number of methods including the review of after-action reports, interviews, briefing and training sessions, along with laboratory and extensive live fire testing in the development of products for use in the most difficult and strenuous scenarios. The end result is a line of Insight products that allow the user to operate their weapons more effectively and more efficiently, time and time again.

L-3 web site

New for 2011

WL1-AA Tactical Weapon-Mounted Light
AA Battery Powered!

WL1-AA Tactical Light/Laser Combo
AA Battery Powered!

M3 LED Tactical Weapon-Mounted Light

M6 LED Tactical Light/Laser Combo

M3X LED Tactical Weapon-Mounted Light

M3X LED Long-Gun Version

M6X LED Tactical Light/Laser Combo

M6X LED Long-Gun Version

X2 LED Compact Weapon Light

X2L LED Compact Weapon Light/Laser

Tactical Products

WX150™ Tactical Weapon-Mounted Light
• 150+ Lumens Peak Output
• 125 Minute Run Time
• Waterproof to 1 Meter/3 Feet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MRDS Mini Red Dot Sight
• Aiming Dot: 3.5 MOA or 7.0 MOA
• Exceeds military durability specifications
• Waterproofed to 66 feet for 2 hours

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Handheld X-treme Series

HX120™ Covert Size
• Easy programmable tailcap switch
• Strobe available at your fingertips
• Dura-Last™ LED projects 120 blinding lumens out to 300 feet

HX150™ Tactical Size
• Easy programmable tailcap switch
• Blinding strobe available at your fingertips
• Dura-Last™ LED projects 150 scorching lumens out to 400 feet

HX200™ Duty Size
• Dura-Last™ LED projects 200 blistering lumens out to 500 feet
• Built from rugged Aerospace Anodized Aluminum
• Smart-Power Technology™ delivers extended run time – up to 300 hrs. at low setting.
M3X Pistol Version | M3X Long-Gun Version
• 125 peak lumens
• 1 hour of continuous runtime
• MIL-SPEC design

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
M6X Pistol Version | M6X Long-Gun Version
• 125 peak lumens/ 1hr runtime
• MIL-SPEC design
• Fully boresightable laser

M3
• 90 peak lumens/ 1hr runtime
• Patented Slide-Lock® attachment
• More holster options than any other brand

M6
• Patented Slide-Lock® attachment
• More holster options than any other brand
X2
• World’s first and only sub-compact tac light
• Also available as XML from Springfield Armory
• Single 3 volt CR2 battery
X2L
• World’s first and only sub-compact tac light/laser combo
• Single 3 volt CR2 battery
• New laser deactivator switch

M2 UTL
• Patented attachment to HK USPs
• Optional remote switch

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nighthawk(Mark) despite your advertising, I do not see a light by Insight Tech that is smaller and better than what I am currently carrying.

EZ, what light do you suggest is compatible to what I have now, that may be better in some ways and still fit in the parameters I have put forth?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a single CR123 light in the <$100 range, the Fenix PD20 is hard to beat. The Jetbeam I listed above is supposed to be decent, but this one below is supposed to be better (its more expensive, but still under $100 and 270 Lumens is beastly for a light of this size): http://www.batteryjunction.com/jetbeam-raptor-rrt-0-r5.html

My other favorite is the SunwayMan M10R. I've bought and sold quite a few pocket-size flashlights before I ended up with the 3 that I have and I'm very much happy with those, but I'm wanting one or two more to add to the group just to have extras in case.

A

ArmedCivy

I am a 4sevens fan! I ordered off their website while their memorial sale was still running and got a Quark 123^2^ Turbo X! This light, as the name suggests takes 2 CR123's or an 18650 if you so choose, and puts out a very impressive 450 OTF lumens! I got it for a weapon light and it should be here tomorrow, but I am really excited about it. Got it for $72 shipped, but it's MSRP is only $85 with free shipping. Still a great deal considering the competition in my opinion. Just an option to check out if you like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom