My old Duty pistol is the best

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that my glock17 is probably the best pistol I have ever handled.
I have shot literally thousands of rounds from this pistol and the only malfunctions I have ever had have been intentional (loading empty casing in the mag).
I have shot in the rain, snowstorms, 125 degree summer days on outdoor concrete ranges, I have even shot this thing in an ice storm.
I have put just about every conceivable type of ammunition down the barrel. This pistol just eats and shoots.
Accuracy: well its a Glock. Its as accurate as I am, I can score consistently in the high 90's with mine.
Yeah I have done some things to it to make it mine. I have removed the finger grips, stippled the grip and changed the springs and guide rod.

They say the Glocks are soulless pieces of Tupperware......I beg to differ....They have the soul of the owner who really loves them.

This MY Glock.........Mine, and its going to stay right here.

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you say so.

The important thing is that you think so.

Train with it until it's like a part of your hand.

Sounds like you're getting there.

I'm kinda old-fashioned. I believe that by the time you've shot your first railcar load of ammo through a weapon, you might be beginning to learn something about how to use it.

Reckon that also applies to using a little plastic Gluck.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel the same way about the 1911. After 44 years with the old warhorse there is still no handgun that I feel more comfortable with.

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me too Okie.

My Grandfather started letting me shoot his 1911 when I was 9.

50 years and many pistols, barrels, and several hundred thousand rounds later, I still own several including the pistols I carry every day.

In my opinion, the 1911 is a manly weapon.

I do not feel that way about any of the Glocks I've used or trained with.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I HATED Glocks back in the day!!!!!

And Now I'd not be without them!!!!!! 16 of them in the safe and two next to me..

I like 1911's I just dont own any now..

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok.. i'll bite. Why would you need to own 16 Glocks? Or 18 of any brand of gun. Just curious, not criticizing at all. ;-)

B

Latest posts

Top Bottom