My Ruger 10/22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Naw man. I go to school at OSU. Just going up there for vacation. All my family lives up there and we own about 300 acres outside of sundance. Perfect timing to, so i can sight in this scope :mosh:

That's cool, Wyoming is a hell of a place. It is a wild frontier minus the Indians. The hunting and fishing is the best I've ever had.

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also....What kind of scope mounts is everyone using. I do not like how the weaver hangs over the front of the receiver. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Bump.....Didn't figure I would start a new thread. Just curious if anyone else had any other suggestions on a scope mount / rail. Still need to do some work on the stock, not real happy with how it has turned out so far.

okcowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you should consider the Tactical Solutions extended mag release over the Volquartsen. It costs twice as much but I like it ALOT better. You can drop your mag with your trigger hand with a flick of the middle finger.

[Broken External Image]

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have considered them as well. After doing some more research and talking with a friend, I have considered a few different companies as well such as dirtborecustom and buffer tech. I need to just make up my mind and decide what I would like to do. Any additional suggestions such as parts to consider is always appreciated.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You ought to get the target hammer and sear that volquartsen makes... sometimes you'll see them on sale with the auto bolt release on Midwayusa.com. It helps the trigger pull a lot.

It looks to me like your scope sits too far back. I always have to put my scope as far forward in the rings as it will go to let me get into a good comfortable position with turkey neck and cheek weld... especially in prone.

beautiful stock!

btw, Ruger makes a picatinny/dovetail mount that doesn't protrude over the end of the receiver. It came in the box with the 10/22 that I recently bought. Check out Midway or maybe Numrich for that part.

Latest posts

Top Bottom