My son's first rifle:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai50.tinypic.com_id52mt.gif

Thanks, RickN!

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And he takes after his mother in the looks department. Man did he dodge a bullet on that one.

J/K

Not really.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man we need a picture that shows details of the gun (and you need to list details of the gun - as well as how old your boy is).

I've figured out that shooting with my kids gets nothing but more and more fun as they get older.

Cheepshooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's great! My mom showed me this old Chimpmunk rifle she bought when the BoyScout camp was getting rid of them. It's in good shape and she plans on giving it to my little one when he's a couple years older.

It's never too early to teach a child responsibility and safety. The "every gun is always loaded, every skillet is always hot, and every electrical wire is always live" mentality I learned early in life through Boy Scouts, Oklahoma Hunter Safety, and my elders I've carried through all apects of life. I'm sure it's saved my bacon more than once without me even knowing it.

Jpt

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man we need a picture that shows details of the gun (and you need to list details of the gun - as well as how old your boy is).

I've figured out that shooting with my kids gets nothing but more and more fun as they get older.

My son turns 1 year old this Thursday. For his first birthday, his dad gave him a gently used Marlin Model 60. I let him give the stinkeye to his first longarm last night for a while, but soon afterward I locked it up in the safe until he turns five or six or seven and can be accountable to firearms safety.

I thought it would be neat for him to someday tell his buddies that his dad bought him a rifle when he was a year old. My dad bought me a lousy teething ring; where's the coolness in that?!?!

For his second birthday, I want to buy him a Ma Duece. Or maybe a handgun. It's never too early for Glock vs. 1911.

warrior45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey thats not cool....My first rifle was a Red Rider. He is working with more firepower than I was....lol

I bet its a proud day brother. Congrats. My son is not here yet....but he will be spoiled all the same.

Great pic!

Chris

Latest posts

Top Bottom