My truck was broken into today at Academy Sports on 41st in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, the Ford F series doors latches are weak points. Our Excursion was broken into last summer in Dallas, at Northpark mall- in broad daylight. They pryed the front passenger door latch assembly out, then manipulated the lock. Got an iPod and my ire. Cost me a $500 deductible and the rental overage to cover a mini van instead of a compact car.

Thieves suck!

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, $5 at any hardware store...........many FF's carry them, I do. Super Duty's door latches are notoriously easy to pop with a screwdriver and a hammer.
Porcelain will break car glass very easily. When I worked at a metal yard we tested the breaking capacity of large rocks against a small piece of hard ceramic. The ceramic would crack amd break the window mmuch easier.

mksmth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy crap I was just there yesterday at 9:30!!! I kid you not. I was killing time between estimates in the morning. Man I am so sorry. had I seen them they would not have made off with your stuff.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
There was talk at the last auto extrication class that I went to, where there is a push to put laminated glass on all windows of new vehicles, instead of just the windshield. Helps with smash and grabs and also helps keep stubborn people inside the vehicle during a roll over while not wearing a seat belt. No idea if it will ever happen though, won't help with popping locks either.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning. I shop there occasionally since it's the closest Academy to Claremore. Hope they get caught and you get your stuff back.
I guess when I go there I better put a Doberman or Rottweiler in my pickup bed!
:wink2:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one of those for my mother one year for Mother's Day. For some reason she has an inordinate fear of driving into a lake and not being able to get out....Ok Mom.

Actually, I bought it in case I come up on an accident and need to get inside. Thank God it's still in the center console unused.

Latest posts

Top Bottom