My truck was broken into today at Academy Sports on 41st in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate thieves also, hope they catch the POS and get your stuff back.

I have parked in Academy here and left guns behind the seat before. I was buying ammo.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a call from the police....The surveillance cameras at Academy are old and you can barely make out two men walking up to my truck, breaking in and walking off with my stuff.

The cameras dont cover over half of the parking lot, so you cant see what they were driving or where they walked to.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's lousy. Those two guys must've been sitting in the parking lot, waiting for a target. I'm going to be looking over my shoulder now whenever I leave my vehicle in a parking lot :nolike:

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a knife a couple years back that had a "glass breaker" stud on the back of it. Actually some very similar knives are being sold right now in the classies... interestingly, in all my years in emergency services, only twice have I ever had the need to break a window myself. Once I tried a rock, a screwdriver, everything I could find, and couldn't find anything to help get the guy out of the car. The second time was on my wife's car, when I was trying to get it towed away to a salvage yard for scrap and she had given me the wrong key... I tried the "glass breaker" on the back of that knife and I beat that thing till my damn arm was sore, all it did was blunt the metal stud and scratch the windows.

What a POS. lol

Sorry for the loss of your stuff, but your story reminded me of this:

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric_Williams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may check the surrounding buildings for cameras and see if any of them caught a glimpse of what happened or them getting in a vehicle.

marvin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just emailed academy and let them know I won't shop there until they can spend enough money to ensure something of a semblance of security.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems like if they had a camera and knew it was faulty that they assume some (albeit small) responsibility for your loss. I think that is how a liberal would think. Most likely these guys that broke in your truck ate last night off your tax dollars...

Latest posts

Top Bottom