Nascar & NRA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh wow. Ya he is an idiot.

Gotcha. I misunderstood your meaning. No I wouldn't be ok with them just spending too much to pickup members. I do view this as a promotional thing... the more the NRA gets themselves out there with everyday type involvement and common sense answers, the more accepted they will be. While I appreciate LaPierre's no nonsense approach, I also sometimes feel that he can be viewed to the non-gun owning public as an eccentric. It's a shame that we don't have another Charlton Heston to be a figurehead and spokesperson. We need that badly right now.

Very well said.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the same people that demand accountability and fiscal responsibility from the government, constantly condemning them for running in the red, is just fine with the NRA risking operating in the red because they believe in the message? We hold those in power to different standards based on personal biases and gains? Really?

When did the NRA start taking its funding by sticking a gun in my ribs and demanding I fork over the dough?

I'm a member by my own choice; if I don't like what the organization is doing, I can stop paying dues. Can you say that about taxes?

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the same people that demand accountability and fiscal responsibility from the government, constantly condemning them for running in the red, is just fine with the NRA risking operating in the red because they believe in the message? We hold those in power to different standards based on personal biases and gains? Really?

The difference is, I have no choice in giving my money to the government. I can choose not to give my money to the NRA if I think they are doing a bad job.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont see an issue with the NRA sponsoring a race. Gunbroker.com is a primary sponsor for one of the trucks in the camping world truck series. Think how many nascar afns are gun owners too.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I didnt really like was in the daytona 500 one of the teams i think it was turner scott motorsports ran a sandy hook school tribute car. And the prize money they won was going to go for counseling in middletown. The cars number.....26.

Latest posts

Top Bottom