Navy SEAL Dies After Accidentally Shooting Himself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

In Remembrance 2024
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/0...ccidentally-shooting-himself/?test=latestnews
Military - US
Navy SEAL Dies After Accidentally Shooting Himself

Published January 07, 2012

SAN DIEGO – Navy officials have confirmed that a Navy SEAL who accidentally shot himself in the head has died.

Navy spokesman Lt. Cmdr. Frank Magallon tells the U-T San Diego that Petty Officer 3rd Class Gene "Geno" Clayont, Jr. was taken off life support on Saturday. He is survived by his parents and three sisters.

San Diego police were called on Thursday after the accident. Police say Clayton had gone to a bar and brought a woman back to his apartment and was showing her guns when he put a pistol to his head, believing it was unloaded, and pulled the trigger.

Paramedics took Clayton to a San Diego hospital where he was placed on life support.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/0...ooting-himself/?test=latestnews#ixzz1iseRM5kl

Even the SEALs do dumb things from time to time. Be safe, all--they're the four rules, not the four suggestions.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
showing her guns when he put a pistol to his head, believing it was unloaded, and pulled the trigger.

I remember someone else pulling this Darwin earlier this year, I just don't get it.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As has been so often mentioned on this board, unless there was some defect in the firearm itself, then the SEAL negligently shot himself in the head, not accidentally. Sad that this happened especially something that could be so easily avoided. A good lesson for everyone is that no matter your level of training or experience, the 4 rules apply, with equal consequence, to everyone

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the end, he probably saved that girl's life. She will NEVER go home with some random dude from a bar again.

This guy, seal or no seal, was an idiot. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS clear the chamber and MAKE SURE IT IS CLEAR before pulling the trigger. I will check it 3 times just be sure I didn't make a mistake. How did this guy make it through SEAL training?

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Navy Seal died - doing something stupid, yes. Its sad and stupid - NOT FUNNY

Learn from his mistake but we will not laugh at it here

Latest posts

Top Bottom