Navy SEAL Dies After Accidentally Shooting Himself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ever think maybe it wasn't accidental? He could have known he was taking a chance, or even known 100% that he was committing suicide. Nobody will ever know but him.

Steve Earle tells the story of walking in to on Townes VanZant and seeing him spin the chamber on a .357 single action loaded with one round, and putting it to his head three times and pulling the trigger, and the hammer falling on an empty chamber all 3 times. Depression and mental illness does weird things to people.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sadly, people become complacent around guns. The more you handle them, the more complacent you can become.

You need to tell yourself EACH and EVERY time you pickup or handle a gun that if you screw up a negligent discharge absolutely can and will indeed happen.

Be serious about the 4 rules.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sadly, people become complacent around guns. The more you handle them, the more complacent you can become.

You need to tell yourself EACH and EVERY time you pickup or handle a gun that if you screw up a negligent discharge absolutely can and will indeed happen.

Be serious about the 4 rules.
This is so true. I've had an ND. Thankfully I have a habit of pointing guns in a safe direction.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I pull the trigger, I always expect the gun to fire, loaded or not. With that mindset, you should be prepared for a discharge- muzzle to the ground, protecting bystanders, etc. I seriously doubt he expected that gun to fire, he was trying to get laid. Here is a hint- she was already in your apartment, you were going to get laid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom