Nebraska

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie Hunter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I’m looking to meet a friend in Nebraska for some pheasant hunting . He’s from Idaho I live in Oklahoma so that’s about midway.

Looking for a guide for a couple of days nothing fancy any suggestions?

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, if you wanna shoot wild pheasants DON'T come to Nebraska. There literally aren't any to be had! Pheasants hunting around MUCH of the state is currently miserable, and I don't see it getting better anytime soon. If you want pen raised birds (goonies), just go to KS or stay here. If you want wild birds go to SD.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL. I was just sayin if you wanna shoot pen raised birds you don't have to drive all the way to Nebraska to do that!! You can stay a lot closer. Not sure how good the wild population is doing in KS, anything would be better than NE though!! SD always has birds, pheasants are a business there!

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kansas was pretty bad last year and I'm not hearing any good things this year either. I will give you a report on South Dakota about the 23rd of October. I'm hoping they have some birds but it does not sound too good there either this year. Last year was somewhat down for them but we still got in some good hunting.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pheasants have been almost non existent in my area in grant county. A huge flood at nesting season three years ago, and two springs with hail at nesting time has reduced the numbers. We have voluntarily quit hunting them until numbers come back.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The drought extends all the way to the Canadian border. I know how bad the pheasant hunting is in Nebraska. I have traveled to Nebraska on business since 1996 and this is the worst year I have ever seen as far as drought is concerned in Nebraska. If a field is not irrigated then it is dead.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that even though we have quit hunting them to help the birds recover, the road hunting bastardo's are still in full force......
Cryin' shame that hangin' is not legal any more....

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that even though we have quit hunting them to help the birds recover, the road hunting bastardo's are still in full force......
Cryin' shame that hangin' is not legal any more....

For this reason, I wish it would rain about every third day from about October the 10th thru January 31st, you know how the roads get.

Latest posts

Top Bottom