Need Car Stereo Installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We bought our daughter a new stereo for her car for Christmas. Anyone know of a decent installer in the Tulsa area? Usually, I've went to Best Buy and bought the stereo and install.

Thoughts?

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought we had a member here that was associated with an Alarm/Stereo install shop around 47th and Memorial, seems like the thread was mainly focused on car alarms, I will do some searching....

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea its pretty easy to do on most cars. usually just need to order an install kit for your particular car from crutchfield or possibly even at walmart and the wiring adapter. then, if the kit doesnt come with it, you buy these 'U' shaped pointy things that you push in the holes on the stereo and it will allow you to release it and pull it out. im sure you can find a video on youtube as a reference.

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea its pretty easy to do on most cars. usually just need to order an install kit for your particular car from crutchfield or possibly even at walmart and the wiring adapter. then, if the kit doesnt come with it, you buy these 'U' shaped pointy things that you push in the holes on the stereo and it will allow you to release it and pull it out. im sure you can find a video on youtube as a reference.

the U-shaped pointy things are for Fords..Gm just bolts them in like they have for years...
--Mech

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The newer fords just bolt in too. You can tell by looking at te face of the radio. No holes = no special tool needed

What kind of car is it? What model radio?

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Metra ( one of the better install kit makers) shows a separate kit for the montero and montero sport. Also there are one of three options for the wiring harness. Other then that is is straight forward. Youll have to take it apart and see which plug you need and if there is a factory amp so youll know what to order.

If that sounds like a huge pain then I'd recommend calling mike at boomers audio. I've done business with him for about 15 years and have always been treated fair

Latest posts

Top Bottom