Need good info on Atoka & pushmataha WMAs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan7878

Marksman
Reaction score
Anyone have any good info on these two WMAs? I live in California (Military) so its hard to do preseason scouting. When I get home this fall I will have to go right into the hunt. Anyone hunted these two areas?

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am assuming you will be deer hunting. The Push. wma is mostly timber with a few open areas and some deep draws with lots of hardwoods.The portion of Atoka that I have hunted was more wide open with rolling hills and a few brush covered draws. Not really sure what info you are looking for but I will try and help you if you have a specific question.

Scott

ryan7878

Marksman
Reaction score
Where are some good spots on atoka wma to look for deer. Never been there before. I will be muzzleloader hunting, and then if my neice draws a youth hunt then I will be taking her there as well. But I would like to know about push as well.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ryan I have never deer hunted either place, only hunted coyotes. Atoka is much more open than Push which is heavily wooded.If I was going to Atoka I would try and hunt some of the areas with more cover and try to walk in a little farther than normal if possible.I know this is vague but my experience in both areas are limited.Hopefully someone that has hunted there will chime in.

Scott

Latest posts

Top Bottom