Need Gun Smith To Shorten/Recrown A K Frame

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks! Are you sure you don't work for S&W? LOL

Did you just have a barrel replaced or is there a way of looking up the prices? I'd like to look up the bluing cost. When they replace other parts like you mentioned are you charged for that or do they do it out of the kindness of their heart?

I wonder if they will send me a return tag? That would be nice. I'd even pay for it because I know their rate would be at least 50% less than I would pay.

What is MIM? Matrix Injected Metal or something like that? I know it's used in the auto and motorcycle industry where it is considered a good thing, great even. I assume S&W's use of it not a good thing?

No, but if I did, it would be for Roy Jenks only!!!!! I would love to do the job he does. He's their one and only historian. I would call and tell them what happened, and see what they will do for you. It really just depends who is working that day, as to what you will be or not be charged for. Either way its cheaper than going private.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1-800-331-0852

To answer both of your questions, yes they will do a reblue, if they do usually they will replace any faulty parts. You will get back basicly a new gun, minus the lock and MIM parts. To reblue a gun it has to be broken down to its smallest parts. As for you having an action job done to your gun, if you explain it to them they should leave it alone.

And how cool is that? Can you imaging calling Chevrolet - "Yeah, I have this '56 Nomad and was wondering if I could ship it back to you all for a rebuild?"

Click.

mln1963

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called S&W today.

The barrel is about $150. I think I'll spend the other $130 and have the cylinder and frame blued to match the new barrel. That's more than the gun cost but what the heck. It's a sweet little gun and a new classic is $995.

Lee, thanks for the heads up.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I called S&W today.

The barrel is about $150. I think I'll spend the other $130 and have the cylinder and frame blued to match the new barrel. That's more than the gun cost but what the heck. It's a sweet little gun and a new classic is $995.

Lee, thanks for the heads up.

Your welcome. As I said before, those K-frames don't fall off of tree's anymore. So its a good for you to keep her.

Latest posts

Top Bottom