Need help with a Marlin 80DL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have my fathers old Marlin model 80DL rifle and am having problems with it. The bolt operates but does not cock the rifle and the safety does not engage. I am not sure but I feel the bolt may be assembled wrong. Does anyone in the Edmond area know anything about these old rifles?

I had hoped to find an original receiver site for it and restore it, but first want to get it working. It is in pretty rough shape having been stuck back in my fathers closet and never cleaned for years but he had it when he was a kid so I would like to fix it up.

kalebiscool

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a late 50s early 60s model 80 i have done some work on from time to time. Can you remove the bolt and photo it? also the safety detent on these rifles are prone to losing their "springyness" for lack of a better term. It is easy to bend one back into operable condition as i have done to mine. again pics of the bolt assembly and safety would be a big help.

Kaleb

Latest posts

Top Bottom