Need some red dot education.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When it comes to optics, like anything else, I'm aware you get what you pay for. However, I'd like to know how red dot sights from Primary Arms, Vortex, and Bushnell stack up against EOTech and Aimpoint. Can anyone fill me in?

Eotech and Aimpoint are what you want when your life is on the line.

Primary Arms and Vortex are what you want if you can't afford the above or if you just want to add a sight to a plinker.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a lot of red dot scopes comes down to preference. For me, I wanted something that did not require batteries, lightweight, small, and didn't give me the sensation I was looking through a tube. We have eotechs at work and I'm not a fan. Some love them. I find them to give a halo effect. For me....I run the Trijicon RX-01 on all my carbines. You can get great deals on them if you look....Trijicon stands by their stuff and there is nothing to fiddle with. I even find 2-eyes open shooting a breeze with it. I did look into the RX-30 which is the bigger version and I didn't like that one as much.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Something to consider if your spending the same money for a EoTech or Aimpoint I have the Trijicon Tripower and it's a fantastic optic it has three sources for illuminating the chevron 1.) external light ie. sun and electric lights, 2.) tritium 3.) battery

The optic works great it's always on during the day time due to the fiber optics and works at night with or without a battery

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aimpoint are crap and you won't convince me of otherwise. I've had to send two comp M4's back that broke on me and another one I got disgusted at and just sold cheap when its switch went tits up. Eotech are a decent site, but about the only difference between the Eotech and Bushnell holosights are the shroud (Eotech are metal). If you don't plan on abusing it, you're fine with Bushnell. I don't really have any personal experience with Primary Arms, but have heard good things about them.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aimpoint are crap and you won't convince me of otherwise. I've had to send two comp M4's back that broke on me and another one I got disgusted at and just sold cheap when its switch went tits up. Eotech are a decent site, but about the only difference between the Eotech and Bushnell holosights are the shroud (Eotech are metal). If you don't plan on abusing it, you're fine with Bushnell. I don't really have any personal experience with Primary Arms, but have heard good things about them.
Sucks to hear about your experience, but my personal experience and experience of friends is totally opposite. I've seen them beat around both recreationally and profesionally, and they ALWAYS held up and held a zero. Too bad the M4s went to crap. Those are nice sights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom