Need to sell plastic cattle mineral buckets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The liter colored are better for gardens. Do not get as hot in the sun. Seriously thinking of painting our blue tubs white on the outside.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They work great for gardens! Have a friend that raises cattle and gave us all we wanted. Used them for my maters etc... Drill a few drain holes and you’re good to go. Took this pic before things got growing.View attachment 339955
I do believe that's the 1st time I've laid my eyes on that backyard. Undercover gardener .😁😉 nice looking setup.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what we use. 2 pieces of French drain in the bottom flat, 1 drain hole 5in off the bottom. 1 inch pvc pipe to water through to the bottom. Fill with dirt compost and grow! Roots chase down to the water. Only fill through 1” pvc.

View attachment 340306
Our tubs are constructed a bit different than pictured . Our overflow hole is located 1/2 in below the pipe size. Giving an air gap and I use more than 2 peices so that I have a fist size area that reaches into the reservoir for wicking.
Gardening with Leon on yt is the place to go for ideas and options.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They make good wicking tubs. Don't put holes in the bottom. Look up wicking tubs on YouTube. I've been growing in them for a few years.
That was my mistake then found out about the wicking tubs only afterwards. The wicking tubs are 10 to 1 better especially for tomatoes

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our tubs are constructed a bit different than pictured . Our overflow hole is located 1/2 in below the pipe size. Giving an air gap and I use more than 2 peices so that I have a fist size area that reaches into the reservoir for wicking.
Gardening with Leon on yt is the place to go for ideas and options.

Garden with Leon is how we learned. Great guy to learn from. We are going to do a half dozen more with his ”New” way this year.

I grew up down the road from a man like Leon, his name was Mr. Pitts. He put in a 2 acre garden till he died at 98. We were made to go help him a couple evenings a week as he kept my Momma and us full of vegetables and fruit all summer long. Momma would can for him and we would Hoe 2 - 3 times a week.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom