New favorite shooter S&W 28-2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a revolver grip thread on here a while back. Search and see what you find. Lots of folks like the Neoprene Hogue grips; they have finger grooves. Some like various Pachmayr. I like the Miculek grip as sold by Brownell and Bang Inc. Other good grip options mentioned in this thread. Whatever you do, get grips that fit you and don't necessarily just look purdy.

You are well advised to put the original numbered wood grips aside. Hang onto them as they add several dollars value to the gun.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice gun. My dad had a 6" model 28 when I was growing up. Didn't particularly like the 6" barrel, but otherwise I really liked the gun. I assume he still has it. I should ask him sometime.

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice. I was looking for a model 28 a while back for my first S&W .357, but came across a model 19 at a great price so I grabbed it instead. While I absolutely love the 19, I also love to shoot heavy loads and fear it won't handle a steady diet of them, so I will probably pick up a 28 in the future. If they are as accurate as my 19, I may be selling off all my other revolvers and stocking up on Smiths.