New Favorite Shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
25 years ago when my Dad semi retired and got serious about quail hunting, he tasked me with finding him a Beretta 20 ga over/under, and at the time, they were pretty scarce. Online gun auctions were a new thing, but I found him a well used Beretta 686 Onyx 20 ga on Auction Arms. He liked it, but after a while decided he wanted one with an english stock. Lo and behold, I found a factory Beretta english grip stock for his gun on eBay. The stock mated up to his frame like it was fitted at the factory, but he had a friend with a machine shop to add about an inch to the stock bolt. He loved that gun and hunted with it until his employees bought him a new Merkel 20 ga side by side when he fully retired.
I’ve had a love affair with english grip shotguns forever and bought a straight grip Beretta 686 Onyx 12 ga in the late 90’s (which I still have), and as soon as I handled my Dad’s little 20, I knew I had to have one too. Factory straight grip Berettas are fairly rare, but I happened up on one and bought it. It’s sat in my safe unfired (by me) for years until a few minutes ago. I decided to shoot some turkey ammo I loaded and see how tight the factory full choke is, and I just like that I have a new favorite shotgun. The ammo patterned great, but that little gun is light for carrying and a pleasure to shoot. :thumb:

IMG_0869.jpeg

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m a Beretta guy. Shotguns, pistols, you name it. I have a 35 year old A303 I still hunt with. They build really beautiful guns.

Don’t have a Beretta O/U yet but, it’s next on the list. I’m also a fan of the English stock with a 26” barrel for upland bird hunting.

Nice shotgun.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, those things are so ugly you’d have to tie a pork chop around their neck to get a dog to play with them.
Why don’t you let me take those off your hands so that your friends don’t have to see you with them? I mean, it’s the least I could do for ya.

/sarcasm off

Those are gorgeous beauts. I don’t have a jealous bone, but only because they had to amputate it. 🥹

Latest posts

Top Bottom