New For 2022: Colt King Cobra Target .22 LR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad Colt is making an effort to revive these, even if they're changing a lot in each model. I don't like the aesthetics of the new models, but all three I've handled (2 Pythons and an Anaconda) have had some of the best lockup I've felt in years. Have to give credit where credit is due.

That being said, while I see the functional advantage of 10 rounds in a revolver, it is certainly giving up on the classic appeal in order to do so IMO.

It is too bad Colt couldn't use the Diamondback name again too. I am still trying around with buying one new model of each as a shooter, and compliment to the original models that I have in the safe...

...Only thing keeping me from doing it is this thing called "lack of available funds" 😄

The beauty of the classic model is undeniable.
20210511_191924.jpg

Timbr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad Colt is making an effort to revive these, even if they're changing a lot in each model. I don't like the aesthetics of the new models, but all three I've handled (2 Pythons and an Anaconda) have had some of the best lockup I've felt in years. Have to give credit where credit is due.

That being said, while I see the functional advantage of 10 rounds in a revolver, it is certainly giving up on the classic appeal in order to do so IMO.

It is too bad Colt couldn't use the Diamondback name again too. I am still trying around with buying one new model of each as a shooter, and compliment to the original models that I have in the safe...

...Only thing keeping me from doing it is this thing called "lack of available funds" 😄

The beauty of the classic model is undeniable.
View attachment 281817
What a beaut! I'm glad Colt doesn't discontinue classics for a modern-look chase. Iconic guns designed should be preserved, even if its not the most "effective".

Latest posts

Top Bottom