"New" Ford Bronco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats, but that wait time is nuts. I do not believe the way we used to buy cars and trucks will ever return.
642 days since I reserved it, 462 days since ordered. There's still lots of folks who reserved when I did that haven't heard anything yet. Not all vehicles have this kind of delay when ordered though.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
642 days since I reserved it, 462 days since ordered. There's still lots of folks who reserved when I did that haven't heard anything yet. Not all vehicles have this kind of delay when ordered though.

True and that wait time is just nuts.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read an article a few months back about Ford took bids on making the soft tops. They took the low bid and have pretty much had nothing but trouble with the tops that company makes for them. I think where every car company misses a market is a plain Jane workhorse type truck at a reasonable price. If the old Land Rover Defender 110 was made with a small turbo diesel, PS,Pb, AC, rubber floor mats, roll up windows, radio, 5 speed, and at a price around $30K, I think there would be a long waiting list to get them. There isn't anything like a stripped-down model offered anymore. Trucks are just too expensive. I'll stick with my old Land Rovers that I've owned, one of them for 26 years.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a new '82 Bronco, stripped model. PS,PB,AC, crank windows, rubber format, 5 speed, manual hubs. Drove it 12 years, then son has it 4 more. Duck hunting through rice fields and coastal marsh, to deer hunting in Colorado, to pulling stuck cars out of snow covered ditches in New Mexico; it never let me down. Open the doors, hose it out and keep going.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I read an article a few months back about Ford took bids on making the soft tops. They took the low bid and have pretty much had nothing but trouble with the tops that company makes for them. I think where every car company misses a market is a plain Jane workhorse type truck at a reasonable price. If the old Land Rover Defender 110 was made with a small turbo diesel, PS,Pb, AC, rubber floor mats, roll up windows, radio, 5 speed, and at a price around $30K, I think there would be a long waiting list to get them. There isn't anything like a stripped-down model offered anymore. Trucks are just too expensive. I'll stick with my old Land Rovers that I've owned, one of them for 26 years.
It was Webasto Corp, and they had the hard top contract and they were a HUGE failure and the primary reason why the bronco got off to such a horrible start. All 2D come with hard tops, no soft top option.

Latest posts

Top Bottom