New hunting regs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just saw the cover of the 2010-2011 hunting regs, and I gotta tell you it makes me proud to be an Okie.

Our first bear season was held with no real issues, no court injuctions, no damn animal rights activist putting a stop to anything. Our bear population has grown to the point we need some management and Oklahoma and its residents, in general, happily accepted what we needed to do.

Seeing that hunter with his bear on the front cover makes me smile with pride. Residents of New Jersey cannot say the same!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't seen the new booklet yet, but I agree with your statment.
If I remember, they didn't get all of the bears that they wanted.

Commiefornia is just as bad.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also noticed that there is a small statement about the new WMA atlas. It says it will be released in Sept and orders will begin in August. I am so glad they decided to reproduce these. They are suppose to be better than the older ones

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm confused on the regs. under deer legal means of taking. a rifle in 45acp is not legal, but using a semi-auto handgun in 45 is legal.
Am I reading this right? I think they screwed up their writing in this paragragh.

TATER

Marksman
Reaction score
I'm confused on the regs. under deer legal means of taking. a rifle in 45acp is not legal, but using a semi-auto handgun in 45 is legal.
Am I reading this right? I think they screwed up their writing in this paragragh.

Overall cartridge case length of 1 1/4 inches or longer for rifles. That means cartridge case and bullet length together, so a rifle chambered in .45acp is legal.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the idea of the Fiscal-Year License but I dont see why it should cost more. Maybe I just need to get my Lifetime and I wont have to worry about it.

Buy your lifetime, and you will never look back.
I got mine when $2.50 per hour was the prevailing wage.
the current cost, per wage is much better now.
If you use all the tags, and controlled hunts where one doesn't have to pay the state fees, it a total bargain.
I can't tell you how many bucks it has saved me over the years.

Here is a little bonus.
The first dollar of every lifetime license has never been spent.
Its put into a trust or something.(I'm not a financial guy)
The ODW only uses the interest from the lifetime fees to get us more hunting opportunities.
They make more money from a lifetime license because if one dies or decides to quit hunting/fishing, the money quits.
Lifetime just keeps on giving.....forever.
Your offspring will get the benefits:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom