New M&P owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The front sight 😆

Some one had to say it
😂😂 good one!

For the OP, I have that same pistol and caliber.
Great firearm. You did well with that choice.
The only thing I’d say to do is dump the factory trigger and install an Apex trigger. You will like it much better.
Edit: I wish you were closer, I’d let you shoot mine so you could see the difference the Apex makes.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually didn't care for them... At first. Got one and now have three ( but lost them all in a boating accident but am fairly certain of the coordinates...) Have a 9 mm 1st Gen with tritium sites, shoots straight, appears overbuilt, easy to clean and comfortable to hold and shoot. Even when dirty never had a jam.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually didn't care for them... At first. Got one and now have three ( but lost them all in a boating accident but am fairly certain of the coordinates...) Have a 9 mm 1st Gen with tritium sites, shoots straight, appears overbuilt, easy to clean and comfortable to hold and shoot. Even when dirty never had a jam.
I used mine for almost 8 years in USPSA competitions. I’m very familiar with the platform, like you, never having a malfunction that was gun related.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had 6 M&Ps at one time. Ex got one in the divorce. I bought it back from her when she got hard up for cash and immediately gave it to my daughter. I still have 4 counting my new 2.0.

I said for years that S&W outglocked Glock with the M&P. Apex the trigger and put on sights that you like. It will be like the Energizer bunny. Change out the RSA every 5000 rounds or so and keep trucking on.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny this came up, I shot mine at the range today. A few weeks ago I started a thread to see what the condenses was on these pistols. And I bought a 2.0 full size 45acp because @dennisshoddy and @TANSTAAFL said they were good to go. And mine is great, and good thing because I would have raised hell with those two if it had been a dog. Anyway, I'm not a fan of plastic guns but I had a particular reason for going with one. So I had some down time today and I loaded up the queen, she is the magazine loader and she fires the first shot out of a strange gun, because I love her. I only shot about a box, no failure of any kind, reasonable recoil, trigger was a little gritty, shot about 6inches low at 25 yards with 230 gr rn. But I liked it and I will buy a few more. The way I see it, it's everything a Glock should have been.

Latest posts

Top Bottom