New M&P owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be clear, the M&P 5.7 is not without issue. It's a great gun but has two issues I don't care for.
1. Frame to slide could be tighter
2.. Magazine can hold 22 rounds, but cannot be inserted into the pistol without the slide locked back. So, 23 rounds ready to go won't work. 22 ready to go yes with one in the chamber.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have always preferred the M&P for striker fired pistols. Mine are the 2.0 version except for the .40. That one was a police trade in. I need to stock up on some good defensive ammo for it. Target Sports has a smoking deal on Federal HST's in 165 and 180 grain. That will probably be my next ammo order.

My purpose for buying it wasn't necessarily to have a .40. I bought it to put a Storm Lake .357 Sig barrel in it, but having .40 as an option is a good thing.

I'm also one of the 7 or 8 people on the planet that actually likes the factory trigger. It's shaped like a pistol trigger instead of a light switch.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My M&P 40C is without fault. I had it for about 7 years before my daughter claimed it. I picked up a 2.0 in 9mm and my #2 grandson laid claim to it. #1 granson liked his mom’s so well he got one like it. I’ll go M&P over Glock about anytime. Looking for a M&P 10mm to replace my G20.

Latest posts

Top Bottom