New mod for Mopar car show and a some laps around Texas Motor Speedway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This weekend was "We Are Mopar" at Texas Motor Speedway. A little over 1,800 cars there (mostly newer Challengers/Chargers/300c/Magnum) but a pretty decent selection of older stuff also. I wanted something different done last minute so took my car to the vinyl wrap shop on Friday night to get the roof wrapped. I think it turned out pretty good and he was cool enough to stay 2 hours late to do it for me. Got done at 8:30 on Friday night and I headed to Dallas at 6am Saturday morning.

Big time question on the wrap. Is that on top of the car?
We bought a particular brand of RV to hit the road with when the wife retires early this year. The nose cone is fiberglass with a gel coat.
Following the RV forums, they fade quickly in the sun because of the gelcoat. 5K$ to refinish the gel coat with auto finish.
One guy went to a vinyl wrap place and had a nose cone wrap done for $400.
Ours has already started fading. A year later, his is still bright and shiny. Where did you get yours done. I'd like to talk to them.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, its the matte black on the entire roof.
Huber Wraps in Tulsa did it (101st & Aspen).
If youre curious....you can ballpark price based on what he told me.
$15/linear foot for material cost and $5/sq ft for install...then a bit if things need to be removed and reinstalled.
Mine was $439 for 36sq/ft, removal and reinstall of drip rails and tax.
For prep he washes and claybars the area. Said it would last 3 to 5 years, closer to 5 if I garage the car at night.
This took him about 4 hours.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, its the matte black on the entire roof.
Huber Wraps in Tulsa did it (101st & Aspen).
If youre curious....you can ballpark price based on what he told me.
$15/linear foot for material cost and $5/sq ft for install...then a bit if things need to be removed and reinstalled.
Mine was $439 for 36sq/ft, removal and reinstall of drip rails and tax.
For prep he washes and claybars the area. Said it would last 3 to 5 years, closer to 5 if I garage the car at night.
This took him about 4 hours.
Nice. The nose cone is not much bigger than your vehicle top. Maybe 25% more.
That's a whole lot cheaper than the 5K to redo with automotive paint.

Latest posts

Top Bottom