New Non-Rez Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Kansas being about $575 iirc, I didn't apply this year, missed the draw deadline line lol. That's for one antlered and one antlerless. How many total are included now on the NR OK license? Looks like the full limit for each license?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before we jump all over our legislature, two things to consider. These recommendations were made by the ODWC after they had a consultant studied and make recommendations based on the market. Then the new prices are inline with surrounding states. Why should Okies have to pay $$$$ to go to Kansas or Texas, etc. to hunt, yet Kansans and Texans can come here and pay $?

I have not independently researched other state prices but this is what the argument was for the price increases in some articles that I read.
Isn’t the $710 cost for all harvest types in Oklahoma? So you buy a deer license and can basically hunt Oct 1 - January 15?

If that is the case, it seems to be a great buy to me.
This is the biggest crock of chit that’s regularly repeated on Oklahoma message boards and FB groups.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just make the cost reciprocal to the state the person lives in.
There.
I fixed it.
I damn sure wish the TX legislature/TP&W would make it reciprocal.

I’ve already spent over $300 and haven’t bought a deer license yet. For basically the same $300, an out of stater can come to TX and hunt everything in the state and fish.

SPOONBILL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to get a tag in Kansas every year when I lived closer to the state line. Now that I live farther away it just isnt practical. A man can at least see some truly big deer up there (doesnt mean you will bag one). Nowdays I will go up there on a weekend evening and glass some beanfields just looking. I have hunted up there on leases and on public. Leases are great but there is some dang fine public land up there as well. You dont have to go far up into Kansas to see the difference in the deer either. This pic was taken last year just west of Caney Kansas.
IMG_4118.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I used to get a tag in Kansas every year when I lived closer to the state line. Now that I live farther away it just isnt practical. A man can at least see some truly big deer up there (doesnt mean you will bag one). Nowdays I will go up there on a weekend evening and glass some beanfields just looking. I have hunted up there on leases and on public. Leases are great but there is some dang fine public land up there as well. You dont have to go far up into Kansas to see the difference in the deer either. This pic was taken last year just west of Caney Kansas. View attachment 511654
As long as you stay near some ag imo, you're correct. My experiences with the Flint Hill counties and area haven't been so impressive as far as racks go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom