New Non-Rez Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The issue from an outsider's perspective (I have only hunted one time for deer, but have my lifetime fishing and hunting license), is the public land isn't very good, and hunting outfitters are buying up leases all over the state and out-pricing locals. So non-residents that come here and hunt should pay more IMO. However, if I were in charge I would like to see a case study and analysis done, with how much non-residents bring in taxes, out-of-state money for food, lodging, etc.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The issue from an outsider's perspective (I have only hunted one time for deer, but have my lifetime fishing and hunting license), is the public land isn't very good, and hunting outfitters are buying up leases all over the state and out-pricing locals. So non-residents that come here and hunt should pay more IMO. However, if I were in charge I would like to see a case study and analysis done, with how much non-residents bring in taxes, out-of-state money for food, lodging, etc.
It doesn’t matter about taxes, food, lodging, etc, because the ODWC is trying to grab all they can and just gave a big FU to local businesses that count on hunter’s money. :rolleyes2

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s retarded for them to jump the price that much. It should have went up a little and go up incrementally every year. Not let’s triple it and then not change it again for another 15 years. They pulled the same BS with the line time licenses. As a state we rank about the same in lawmakers as we do in every other metric. In the bottom 10 percentile.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kinda lean this way also -- but I'm pretty uneducated in this regard anyway so there is that.
Well, let me catch you up a little. There’s a large segment of the hunting population of Oklahoma that can’t do math and likes to get on the internet and openly show their ignorance about what a bargain hunting in Oklahoma for non residents when compared to Texas. IN REALITY, a non resident can hunt deer in Texas from September 28th until the middle of January for $315 (archery, rifle, muzzleloader, whatever). The same deer hunting in Oklahoma costs $1500. I’ll admit that I’m not great at math myself, but $1500 is $1185 more than $315. That doesn’t seem like a bargain to me. :rolleyes2

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, let me catch you up a little. There’s a large segment of the hunting population of Oklahoma that can’t do math and likes to get on the internet and openly show their ignorance about what a bargain hunting in Oklahoma for non residents when compared to Texas. IN REALITY, a non resident can hunt deer in Texas from September 28th until the middle of January for $315 (archery, rifle, muzzleloader, whatever). The same deer hunting in Oklahoma costs $1500. I’ll admit that I’m not great at math myself, but $1500 is $1185 more than $315. That doesn’t seem like a bargain to me. :rolleyes2
Yeah ... I'm not good at math but damn ... That's CRAZY!

Latest posts

Top Bottom