New project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, Yuck.

I got the short-block home last night. I should have some time this weekend to start installing the engine.

Early on indexing the cam.
upload_2020-10-30_7-39-46.png

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, she’s running.

New Pistons/rings
Rehoned the cylinders
New lifters
Cranked turned .10/.10
Disassembled the heads and ran them through the parts washer a couple times. We cleaned up the exhaust ports; ported and smoothed the casting imperfections to get rid of the heat sinks and for the exhaust to flow to the headers better.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since it's a Jeep. Where is the next project on it?

I'm trying to find a draw on my battery right now. If I don't start mine for a few days. I'll have to jump it off. New Odyssey battery and the proper volts out of the alternator.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a good question. I’m thinking bigger tires.

I don’t like those electrical gremlins. Hopefully you can track it down without too much effort.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since it's a Jeep. Where is the next project on it?

I'm trying to find a draw on my battery right now. If I don't start mine for a few days. I'll have to jump it off. New Odyssey battery and the proper volts out of the alternator.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I may upgrade to this Taurus fan. The JK doesn’t seem to have an issue with cooling since I added a relay and switch to turn the fan on low. However these Taurus fans move a LOT more air.

The fan is sitting in front of my old, leaking radiator that I replace. Pretty good fit. Maybe I’ll make some new brackets and cut off the old. Or make a new shroud that covers the entire radiator?

9076153E-DF8E-43F0-8D4A-743B161FCED5.jpeg

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those fan's have been going into Jeeps for years solving overheating issues. It looks like some stainless or aluminum could be easily cut to make a shroud/adapter brackets.

I got lucky and ended up with a bad Odyssey battery. It would slowly loose it's charge. Warrantied it out for a new one and all is better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom