New respect for the PSSH-41

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IIRC, being open-bolt, they were also known to go off if dropped sometimes. Still, I wouldn't want to to charge a group of guys carrying those things.. The fire rate always blows me away. (maybe pun intended?)

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good thread. I went out shooting with a friend that retired from the refinery I work in. He had one of these ,a PSH 44,and a German MP40. They were all full auto subguns and fun to shoot. He sold them all to help on medical bills. I wish I could have afforded to buy one.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Communist Chinese copied this gun and called it The Type 50. It shot a 35 round box magazine or a 71 round drum.

My father was in the Korean War back in the early 1950's, in the Marine Corp. He mentioned this gun, and it was nick named the "Burp" gun because of the unique sound it made when fired.

***He also mentioned that he had the wonderful opportunity to seperate the shooter from his weapon.....three times he had the chance to bring the Type 50 home. Instead, he left it with the recently deceased shooter.

Cohiba

Latest posts

Top Bottom