New Ruger American 22 LR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing on Rugers website, but available to purchase thru Gunbroker and the like. Uses 10/22 magazines. I believe it is also available in 22mag. Anyone have additional info?

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stillwater Armory FB page said:
Ruger American Rimfire Edition Rifles!!! These are just released and new on the market. Very nice rifles to add to your collection. Be the first on the street to own one! We have 22LR in a compact size and 22LR standard as well as a 22Mag. The really neat thing about these rifle is that they are bolt action, but use the standard 10/22 ten round magazine and will handle the 25 round magazine as well.

Compact 22Lr.-$266.99
Standard 22Lr.-$261.00
Standard 22mag-$266.99

Just posted by Stillwater Armory.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice rifle but the downsides,

Pinned barrel, so after market 10/22 barrels are a no go

No factory threaded barrel, come on Ruger, you guys should know better by now.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
No factory threaded barrel, come on Ruger, you guys should know better by now.

I bet this will happen if you are patient enough to wait a few years to pick one of these up. Just like the threaded Gunsite Scout, 10/22 takedown and SR22 pistol, once the demand starts to level off, Ruger will release a threaded model to reignite interest in the model. Sneaky SOB's bet most people won't wait, will buy one, upgrade or add the new model and seem to be laughing all the way to the bank.

I wish Ruger would do something like this for their Single Ten rimfire revolver by offering a convertible combo.

What Ruger absolutely has to do now that they have released this rifle is start making a JX25 22mag magazine and start making 22 Mag 10/22's again. My takedown is lonely, it needs a .22mag companion.:thumb:

Last edited:

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Threaded barrels, 10/22 barrel v-block retainers, all the other bells and whistles? C'mon guys, if you do that, the price will be right up there with a 77/22 or a high end 10/22. With this American Rimfire Model, Ruger is trying to compete with Savage, Marlin, etc. entry priced rifles and use the KISS principle in doing so(just like they did with the Ruger American centerfire rifles). The first Savage .22 rifle(Mk II F) that I ever saw(with an ACCU-TRIGGER) was only about $140 and now they are about $200+. I am suprised that they have even added the butt stock feature(good selling point though) and didn't have cheaper front and rear sights to keep the costs down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom