New Ruger American 22 LR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just got mine today. I ordered it off armslist and the seller in Georgia was super. I like the rifle alot and I want to scope it. I was going to put a four power weaver on it but I think I will put a variable on it. The weaver I bought in 1976. Man am I getting old.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Got this in the inbox from Tech Sights:

We have tested our sights on the new Ruger American Rimfire rifle. We found that the sight components we use in the MXT200 (Marlin bolt action sights) sight package will fit the Ruger with one exception. The factory front sight is held on with one screw which uses a different thread pitch than our sight package. The easiest solution is to use the original Ruger front sight screw to attach our front sight to the barrel instead of the screw that comes with our MXT200 sight.

Until we get specific instructions and packaging made for the Ruger sight package, and until we get the new sight package listed on our web page, the MXT200 sight package is the correct sight for use with the Ruger American Rimfire rifle.

Attached is a quick image showing our sights on the rifle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom